Volunteering & Job Opportunities
Rogue Artists Ensemble seeking Development Manager
The Los Angeles art-collective Rogue Artists Ensemble is seeking a DEVELOPMENT MANAGER to lead development efforts including grant writing and individual giving. This is a part time position and averages approximately 10-15 hours per week remotely.
Job Title: Development Manager
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reports directly to: Managing Director
- Create long term fundraising plan and calendar
- Maintain grantwriting calendar to ensure that all grants in process, applied for and received are appropriately tracked, documented and accounted for
- Coordinate with Managing Director to provide Board of Directors with a quarterly update of progress towards goals
- Write grants and lead grant writing efforts, ensuring applications are turned in before deadlines
- Lead corporate sponsorship and support efforts, ensuring applications are turned in before deadlines
- Help ensure compliance with funder’s regulations and policies
- Lead funder communications, donor data tracking, and funder acknowledgement efforts
- Support the creation of monthly newsletters and annual reports
- Attend required meetings and events as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- Weekly check-ins with Managing Director by phone
Essential Qualities & Abilities:
- Ability to collaborate with a group of artists to support the planning and implantation of fundraising efforts
- Ability to meet with individual donors to cultivate relationships and engage donors in art making opportunities
- Ability to generate and deliver persuasive and clear written and verbal communications, with strong presentation skills
- Ability to develop and understand program and organizational budgets
- Ability to design and implement comprehensive fundraising plans for all funding streams including major and individual gifts, corporate, and foundation grants
- Ability to navigate social networking tools
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and Google Docs
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- High attention to detail
A monthly stipend of $300 is offered that will increase to $400 after 90 days and in addition stipend will increase pending further development goals.
Reasons why you should work with Rogue Artists Ensemble:
- Great opportunity for someone who wishes to connect with a group of like-minded and creative people who wants to work on unique projects.
- Rogue Artists Ensemble, a non-dues paying, not for profit arts-collective run by designers, technicians and storytellers is constantly seeking individuals to work with the company on a continuing basis.
- Rogue Artists Ensemble has a reputation for creating progressive vibrant work that gets seen!
Interested applicants please submit an application by Friday, March 10th. Only applicants being considered will be contacted. Target start date is by April 1, 2017.
To apply: Email your resume, a writing sample and letter of introduction with a list of other ongoing work/commitments to the Rogue Artists Ensemble Managing Director – firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re interested in volunteering, feel free to contact us.